Reminder to all parents/guardians:
RPS Attendance Incentive
The incentive is that the mark attained on the final assessment, which every student will write, will not negatively impact the grade earned for that class. (Mark Freeze)
- 7 or fewer absences. EX, Illness, and Appointment absences all count against student attendance.
- 1 UEX or 1 suspension (in or out of school) results in loss of incentive. Parents have 5 school days to excuse an absence.
- 3 or fewer lates
- 3 or fewer late assignments and all assignments completed by end of semester.
- Must have minimum of 50% in the course going into the final assessment.
- In addition to the 7 absences, students are allowed 3 absences for extra-curricular activities per class, per semester(No carry-over)
- Unexcused absences from TAG - reviewed by school leadership team and may result in suspension, which will mean the loss of incentive.
**Administration is sympathetic to mistakes or errors made by parents/guardians; however, to ensure fidelity to and consistency with the RPS Incentive Protocol we will not be considering exceptions after the 5 school day window.
***Additionally, students and parents are reminded that students are required to write all final evaluations, earning the incentive does not exempt students from writing the assessment. the earned incentive ensures that the final assessment will not negatively affect the final grade.