The Winston Knoll Collegiate Community Council (it's a mouthful, so we will just use the WKCCC) consists of parent and community mentors, teacher and student representatives and our Principal, Lisa Allen, and Vice Principal, Cory Antonini.
The WKCCC is involved in a variety of events and initiatives at the school. We run the concessions at the school dances; we direct funding which supports our school Learning Improvement Plan (LIP); we administer a grant funding program for teachers; and sponsor an annual scholarship.
We meet in the Resource Centre (Library) on one TUESDAY of the month, with the exceptions of a few months. Our meetings begin at 7:00 and run for approximately 60 minutes. Please feel free to come and go as your schedule allows.
- October 15
- November 19
- January 21
- March 17
- May 19 - AGM
Our goals are as follows:
- to stay informed on happenings at the school and around the community
- provide feedback to administration of concerns, issues or complements you may have
- to support a diverse array of programs that will enhance the high school experience of as many students as possible
The major source of funding comes from the optional Parent Council Fundraiser fee which appears on School Cash Online as a $15.00 charge. By choosing to pay this fee, you are supporting many programs and projects throughout the school that enhance the student experience in a variety of ways (goal three above). The following was undertaken in the 2018-2019 school year:
- Welcome Week cookies (October)
- Dance concessions (November / May)
- Vocal Jazz expenses (grant funding)
- Science Fair expenses (grant funding)
- Band chair expenses (grant funding)
- Staff Appreciation Breakfast (January)
- Annual Scholarship (June)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office at (306) 523-3400 if you would like to participate in the 2019-2020 WKCCC or receive more information.
2018-2019 - click here
2017-2018 - click here
2016-2017 - click here
2015-2016 - click here
2014-2015 - click here
2013-2014 - click here
2010-2011 - click here
2009-2010 - click here
2008-2009 - click here
2007-2008 - click here